Name of representative:
BMW Financial Service Singapore Data Protection Officer
Address: 1 HarbourFront Avenue
#15-02/07 Keppel Bay Tower
1. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY DEALERS
2. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
b. We may collect additional personal data about you that you provide arising out of or in connection with activities or transactions with us, such as participation in certain meetings and events, participation in social media offerings (such as signing up through our Facebook or Instagram pages), use of our mobile applications. The additional information that we collect depends on the nature of activity or transaction or how you are interacting with us, both online and off-line.
c. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use the website, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up for a service, enter a competition, purchase goods or services.
e. Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (e.g. credit reference agencies, our business partners such as our authorized vehicle distributor, organizers of events which you participated, third parties authorized by you) which we will add to the information that we already hold about you for the purposes set out in “How We Use Your Personal Data” section.
f. If you are under 18, please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- To fulfil your request of rendering goods or services which you sign up for by providing us with your information
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioral preferences
- Customer profiling and analyzing your purchasing preference
- Marketing – please see “Marketing and Opting Out” section below
- Prevention and detection of fraud and criminal activities
- Billing and order fulfillment
- Credit scoring and credit checking – please see “Credit Checking” section below
- Customizing our website and its contents to your particular preferences
- To improve the content and security of our website
- To notify you of any changes to this website or to our goods or services which may affect you
- Security vetting
- To develop new products and services
- To improve our products and services
- Where the use is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- Where the use is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- Where the use is necessary in the national interest
- Where the use is necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings
5. MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Other companies within our BMW Group
- Our authorized dealers, importers and distributors
- Our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services, marketing/advertising agencies, )
- Credit reference agents – please see “Credit Checking” section below
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Government authorities, regulatory agencies, statutory boards, government officials, industry associations, legal process participants such as our legal advisers, courts, or other alternative dispute forums
- Our business partners in accordance with the “Marketing and Opting Out” section above
- Any third party in connection with any proposed or actual changes in our business structure or ownership of all or any portion of our businesses, assets or stocks
7. CREDIT CHECKING
8. OVERSEAS TRANSFER
9. KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
- Access to your account is protected by password and username which are unique to you
- We store your personal data on secured servers
- Only authorized personnel are allowed access to personal data, and they may only access it for permitted business functions
- We use technology to protect your personal data, such as encrypting sensitive data being transferred to or from our systems and using firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to information.
b. Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, please be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
10. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
11. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- Receive on his/her behalf any privacy notices
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
- Give consent to the processing of his or her sensitive data, e.g. health information
b. A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer (or other electronic devise) when you access our website. Cookies are not personally identifiable by themselves, but they can be linked to the personal data you provide to us.
c. In additional to cookies, we may also use other internet technologies such as pixel tags and other similar technologies to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our website. We also may include similar technologies in email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, and how. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer.
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and your purchase information, and take you through the checkout process
- Recognize you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time)
- Detect your browser’s capabilities
- Obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor/customer requirements and interests
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalized to your interest and usage patterns
- Track advertisements displayed to you
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
13. YOUR RIGHTS
- Put your request in writing by downloading and filling up the following
- Access Request Form
- Include proof of your identity and address (for example, full name with your mobile number or VIN if you are a BMW customer)
- Attach a cheque made payable to BMW Financial Services (S) Pte Ltd for an amount being the current processing fee charged (if your request does not fall under the purview of European Union General Data Protection Regulation).
- Specify the personal data you want access to including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
b. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Put your request in writing by downloading and filling up the following Correction of Personal Data Request Form
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details, with the irrelevant personal information redacted)
- Specify the information which is incorrect or outdated and what it should be replaced with
c. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for certain purposes. Please note that if you withdraw your consent for a limited purpose (such as for marketing or a specific category of marketing), we may still contact you or use your information for other purposes for which you have not withdrawn your consent. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Put your request in writing by downloading and filling up the following Withdrawal of Consent Request Form
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details)
d. If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email or telephone), please specify the channel to which you are objecting.e. Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions pursuant to the applicable data privacy laws and regulations. Upon receiving and verifying your request, we shall endeavor to respond to your request within thirty (30) days. In the event we need more time to verify and fulfill your request, we shall inform you of the additional time needed via the contact information you provided in the respective Request Form.
14. PROCESSING UNDER THE PURVIEW OF EU GDPR
- Automated decision-making: If automated decision-making technologies are used to help us in the processing of personal data, you have the right to have a human involved in this process, to express your point of view, and to contest the decision. You may also enquire whether the processing of your personal data was done by automated decision-making. You may do so by using the method in “Our Contact Details” section below.
- Data portability, restricting data processing, data erasure: if you would like to request that we provide a copy of your information to you or restrict processing of your information or erase it, please contact us using the “Our Contact Details” section below.
- Complaints to supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of the European Union or European Economic Area according to that authority’s rules and procedures.
15. YOUR CONSENT
17. OUR CONTACT DETAILS
We welcome your feedback and questions. You may contact us via any of the following manner:
BMW Financial Services Singapore Data Protection Officer
Address: 1 HarbourFront Avenue
#15-02/07 Keppel Bay Tower
Make an enquiry today!
Looking for more Info?
Find an authorised BMW dealer near you> Find a Dealer